In the current economic climate, many home buyers and sellers are trying to cut costs by avoiding using a REALTOR. Here are 5 good reasons why using a REALTOR is a great idea:
- We live and breathe real estate. We understand the local real estate market. It is our passion, our focus, our livelihood! We work hard to provide all of our clients with extraordinary customer service, 24/7/365. That is a lot of time and effort going into each client.
- Home buyers and sellers are busy, and there is a lot of paperwork involved in each transaction — gathering deeds, plats, surveys, covenants and restrictions, writing the contract, ensuring the loan documents are properly completed, the list goes on. REALTORs take all of that work away from the buyer and seller. We handle all of the details and make sure each transaction runs smoothly and in a timely fashion.
- Because real estate is our livelihood, we are excellent negotiators. It is important to get the best possible price for a seller, and the best possible deal for a buyer in each transaction. We work hard to negotiate each deal so our clients get what they desire and deserve.
- Advantages for Buyers: REALTORs have access to the MLS, which provides instant updates to properties on the market. We also have knowledge of properties that may not be on the market yet, or “pocket” listings that are for sale, but not advertised. Advantages for Sellers: REALTORs have marketing capabilities that John Doe doesn’t. We can, most importantly, put your listing in the MLS, which gets disbursed to all REALTORs in the area. But we can also use other marketing strategies — like making yours a featured home on Realtor.com (where 75% of buyers search online), creating video/virtual tours, and holding a REALTOR Open House, to name a few.
- REALTORs are held to a strict Code of Ethics. A regular real estate agent that is not designated as a REALTOR is not held to these standards. It is important that we treat all parties fairly and justly, and if we don’t, we’ll face dire consequences!
So next time you are in the market for home buying or selling, remember that using a REALTOR is to your advantage, and will make your life a lot easier.