Well, actually, this neighborhood is in Dayton, which is a couple minutes south of Harrisonburg, but close enough, right?
South Breeze Estates is a quiet neighborhood with high quality, custom built homes that spread out over one hillside in the Town of Dayton. Many of these homes have wonderful countryside views, some (on the edge of the neighborhood) are adjacent to farm land, and all of them are a short walk to Sunset Park, which has direct access to South Breeze Estates. Sunset Park, or “The Purple Park,” as some call it, is one of the newest parks in the area, is very clean, and has a gazebo, playground, and picnic shelter. South Breeze Estates also boasts wide streets and friendly neighbors.
The Town of Dayton is quaint and full of history and intrigue. It is home to The Primrose House, The Cottage, the Dayton Farmer’s Market, Patchwork Plus, Silver Lake Mill, Thomas House Restaurant, and others.
Homes in South Breeze Estates were built from the early 2000’s to present day. (As of this posting, there are still empty lots being sold!) Homes in this neighborhood price in the high $200,000’s to around $500,000, depending on the specific location within the neighborhood, and also, of course, on the size of the home and how many upgraded features it has.
- Average List Price*: $366,425
- Average Selling Price*: $352,125
- Average Home Size**: 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2671 square feet
- 2010 School Districts: John Wayland Elementary School, Wilbur S. Pence Middle School, Turner Ashby High School
Links of Interest:
- Homes currently for sale in South Breeze Estates
- Lots currently for sale in South Breeze Estates
- Turner Ashby School District
- Dayton Farmer’s Market
- The Primrose House
- Silver Lake Mill
- The Cottage