Are you in need of a new appliance? Heat pump? Gas furnace? Well, now is the time to buy! Virginians are now (as of April 28th) being offered rebates for the following items, as long as they are Energy Star certified. (Note: there may be some exceptions. Do your research before you purchase!)
- Heat Pump – $300
- Gas Furnace – $250
- Tankless Gas Water Heater – $225
- Clothes Washer – $75
- Refrigerator – $60
- Storage Gas Water Heater – $35
Virginia has been allocated $7.45 million worth of the $300 million given to many states through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and the Department of Energy.
How do you apply for a rebate? According to the Department of Energy:
- Beginning April 28 when the program launches, the link to reserve an appliance rebate online at this web page will be provided.
- If applicable, follow link to your utility to complete the application process. Please note – your utility may not use a reservation process. From this point on, please follow the instructions provided by your utility to claim a rebate.
- Most Virginians will complete the DMME rebate application.
- Purchase an ENERGY STAR qualified appliance from a Virginia retailer or vendor.
- Ensure proper installation of your new appliance and the recycling or proper disposal of your old appliance.
- Claim your rebate within 60 days of your reservation. To claim your rebate, return to the appliance rebate link which will be posted to this website on April 28.
- Mail completed forms and all required documentation to DMME for processing. The mailing address will be listed on the forms which will be generated in step 4.
- Track the progress of your claim at the appliance rebate link and watch the mail for your rebate check!
Need more information? Visit the Virginia Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program website.