Specializing in relocation gives us an opportunity to show newcomers what Harrisonburg has to offer. There are many times that folks want to know what there is to do in our area in terms of entertainment, especially with regards to kids. So I’ve come up with a list of things to do in Harrisonburg with kids — whether they are yours or not. Babysitters can do these things with kids, too!
- Explore More Discovery Museum: Located Downtown, this museum offers kids a great place to learn about arts, culture, science, and technology! It is an interactive and engaging, hands-on experience for kids of all ages.
- Farmer’s Markets: There are three popular farmer’s markets in the Harrisonburg area. Downtown Harrisonburg offers up a wide variety of produce, crafts, seasonal items, and other specialty goods. Kids will enjoy the fresh air and food! Dayton (just 5 miles South of Harrisonburg) also has a great farmer’s market. This one is indoors and open year round. Kids will love their toy stores and book store. The third market — Shenandoah Heritage Farmer’s Market — is also open year round and is located in South Harrisonburg on Route 11. It will provide kids with civil war history, books, fun knick knacks, and they’ll love the pond and covered bridge at the entrance!
- Massanutten Water Park: Recently built, this is the largest indoor water park on the east coast! The kids will love spending a day here splashing around, going on water slides, and the older kids can go on the flow rider. Fun!
- Parks: Harrisonburg and Rockingham County are chock full of parks. Choose from a number of parks for your kids to enjoy. Playgrounds, ball fields, tennis courts, picnic shelters, walking trails, volleyball courts, basketball courts, swimming pools, the list goes on. Which one best suits you? Click here to find out!
- Harrisonburg Regal Cinema: If the rain has dampened your spirits, you can still get out of the house and have some fun. Take the kids to the local movie theater!
- Rockingham County Fair: The highlight of every August is the Rockingham County Fair, located just South of Harrisonburg on Route 11. A week full of events and fun for kids! Carnival rides and games, great food, animals, music, demolition derby… what’s not to love?
- Fridays on the Square: This is a popular (and concurring) event in Downtown Harrisonburg. Friday evenings in the summer bring fun to Court Square — usually involving a family-friendly film or live music.
- You Made It! Pottery Studio: The kids will really enjoy creating their own masterpiece to take home. Stop in and choose a pre-made piece of pottery to paint! They even host parties!
- Kinetic Kids: This is a very new place in Harrisonburg (and I’ve only heard great things!). They focus on providing kids with skills and entertainment that will make them the best they can be! Fun for kids 6 months and older. Energy through motion!
- Pump It Up: Take the kids to Pump It Up and they are sure to have a great time! This place is full of bouncy, inflatable fun. Their specialty — birthday parties!
- Green Valley Book Fair: This is a popular venue for getting books at deep discounts. It is great for kids because there is a huge children’s section — from baby board books to teen fiction! Many choices available for adults as well.
- Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive: If you are feeling adventurous, take the kids on Skyline Drive. It is a picturesque drive with nice stops along the way. Go on a hike and get some energy out while enjoying the beautiful surroundings.
- KnockerBall Harrisonburg: Enjoy an afternoon of Bubble Soccer with your friends and family – a great activity for birthday parties or team bonding! They also offer combat zone foam archery games.
- Valley Kid Zone: Shenandoah Valley’s provider of bounce houses, jumpers, inflatables, obstacle courses, bubble soccer, kids Activities,parties, and more!
- : We’ve published
To top off this list, Woodland Montessori School has put together a comprehensive Kids’ Community Guide full of local activities that kids would enjoy.
There are many other activities around Harrisonburg that kids will enjoy as well. If you know of any, please comment!
Pingback: The Family-Friendly Activity Guide to Harrisonburg… Fun for All Ages! | Harrisonblog
We are an indoor mini golf, opened all year round, climate controlled. Check our website for hours, prices, specials, fund raisers and more. Visit us Thurs, Fri and Sat nights. When it is dark outside, the blacklights are on inside. We also offer a party package
Pingback: Things To Do in Harrisonburg With Kids: Part Two
Concurring…I do not think that word means what you think it means.
We are an indoor inflatable party and play center. There is something to do for everyone in the family. Not just the kids! Arcade games,Stage for Guitar Hero and Rock Band, pool table, consession stand and much more.
what is the name of your establishment and where are you located?