Ever heard of HARP? It is the Home Affordable Refinance Program, a government-run program that allows folks with a Fannie-Mae or Freddie-Mac guaranteed loan to refinance at a lower, fixed rate. Instead of refinancing at a max of 105% loan-to-value (LTV), it is now capped at 125%. This means that if you already have this type of loan and want to refinance, you can take advantage of this higher LTV by getting more bang for your buck. (Note: this does not apply to those who want to get a new loan, only to those who already have this type of loan.) This adjustment to HARP will really help some distressed homeowners avoid foreclosure.
- 10 Things You Might Not Know About Sage Bird Ciderworks
- Harrisonburg Real Estate Market Report: March 2021 [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Harrisonburg Real Estate Market Report: January 2021 [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Wilson Downtown Gallery: Rebecca Pence
- Moving Right Along: The Miller Family Converts a School Bus
- Harrisonburg Real Estate Market Report: December 2020 [INFOGRAPHIC]
art Bridgewater Buyers contracts days on market downtown harrisonburg Events first fridays food Fun harrisonburg harrisonburg downtown renaissance Harrisonburg Homes Team harrisonburg real estate harrisonburg restaurants home buyers home prices home sales home sales rise home sales rising home sellers home values Issues james madison university kline may realty market report market statistics Market Trends mortgage loans News People Places real estate Relocation rockingham county rockingham county real estate Sellers Sellers Market staging the design corner The Team things to do Tools web tools wilson downtown gallery