The longer I live in Harrisonburg, the more obvious it becomes that this area is filled with foodies. Harrisonburg and Rockingham County residents are quite particular when it comes to quality food. There is a great mix of locally owned and franchise restaurants in the area, so there are many great places to choose from, and from many different types of cuisine.
You’ve probably wondered, “What should we have for dinner tonight?” or “Where should we eat?” at some point recently. Well, we wanted to put together a guide to help you make an informed decision, and to see all your options. Here are a few great resources for choosing where to dine in and around Harrisonburg:
- Harrisonburg Homes Relocation Guide: Restaurants and Coffee Houses
- Do Downtown: Restaurants and Specials in Downtown Harrisonburg
- Harrisonburg Tourism: Dining
- Google Places: Restaurants in Harrisonburg
- List of Restaurants on JMU’s website
- Posts on this blog about restaurants
When in doubt, we say visit Downtown Harrisonburg! There are so many options available at different price points and for many different palates. From kid-friendly to fine dining, Downtown has it all. And even better, Downtown boasts locally-owned restaurants, so you’ll be helping the local economy while you’re enjoying your meal.
Which is your favorite area restaurant?