A couple years ago, we published a list of things to do in Harrisonburg with kids, and it has been one of our most popular posts since! A few more options have become available in our area, so we decided now was a great time to add to the list. Here are more things to do in Harrisonburg with kids!
- JMU Planetarium: The John C. Wells Planetarium offers free shows for the public on Saturdays during the fall and spring semesters at James Madison University. There are two shows each Saturday — one at 2:30 PM and the next at 3:30 PM. The earlier show is geared toward families with young children, and the second appeals to older children and adults. Each show is followed by a 25-minute “star talk” that provides visitors with updates about the night sky, including constellations, planets, and any comets that might be visible. (Seating begins 10 minutes before showtime on a first-come, first-seated basis.)
- Chick-fil-A Come & Play: Chick-fil-A not only serves up delicious food in a kid-friendly environment, but they also provide a Come & Play time on Thursday mornings from 10:00 – 11:00 AM. (Bonus: if you arrive before 10, you can get a free small cup of coffee!)
- RMH Wellness Center Programs for Children: We all know that RMH Wellness Center offers great fitness and health equipment and classes for adults, but they also provide wonderful kid’s programs. Try swimming lessons, classes specialized toward toddlers (Creative Movements), infants (Giggle & Grow), yoga for kids, personal golf training lessons, youth tri club, and more!
- Story Time at Barnes & Noble: Every Saturday morning at 11:00 AM, the Harrisonburg Barnes & Noble offers a wonderful story time on the stage in the children’s section.
- International Story Time at A Bowl of Good: More fun story time can be had at A Bowl of Good on Wednesday mornings at 9:30 AM! These stories highlight cultures from around the world. They also serve snacks from the culture of the story. Children and big kids at heart are all welcome.
- Kid’s Night at The Little Grill: A long cherished, locally owned restaurant in Downtown Harrisonburg (and known for their to-die-for breakfasts), The Little Grill offers half off the kids menu, live music, and fun bingo prizes on the fourth Wednesday of every month from 5:00 – 9:00 PM.
As always, if you know of any other fun activities geared toward the younger crowd, comment below or contact us so we can update this list!