October 24th is Food Day.
What is Food Day, you might ask? Food Day is a day set apart nationally that “inspires Americans to change their diets and our food policies [while working] toward a greener diet.” (foodday.org)
You can get involved in this celebration by eating a delicious, locally sourced Farm-to-Table Breakfast on October 23rd (the eve of food day) at Clementine Cafe. Now, that sounds like a pretty good way to celebrate.
Friday, October 23rd, 7-8:30am
153 S Main Street in downtown Harrisonburg
The delectable menu is as follows:
- roasted butternut & goat cheese quiche
- potato, onion, & kale hash
- cornmeal buttermilk biscuit & sausage gravy
- granola with honey infused cream
- sweet potato pancakes
- baked apples
- apple butter
- bread from Harrisonburg City Schools