Can you hear it? That frozen swoosh of skate on ice? The laughter bellowing from within young and old alike? The nostalgic sport of ice skating brings back childhood memories for many of us, and soon we’ll be able to create more lovely memories with our own kiddos because Bridgewater’s Generations Park is opening up their ice skating rink on Thanksgiving Day! No longer will you and your friends and family need to drive an hour to enjoy this fun pastime.
Important Information About The Ice Skating Rink
- Hours are 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM on weekdays; 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM on weekends. Several sessions will be offered daily.
- Cost for Bridgewater residents (with B-Rec Pass — available at the Bridgewater Community Center) = FREE skating & FREE skate rentals!
- Cost of non-Bridgewater residents = $3/session & $2 skate rentals per session.
- Some helmets will be available for rental without charge, but it is recommended that you bring your own.
- Rink space will be limited.
Note: If the weather is unseasonably warm on Thanksgiving Day, the rink will open as soon as possible after that date.
After Skating, Stay For A Bite To Eat
Another fine addition to Generations Park is Jalapeño Southwest Grill, offering a delicious menu full of authentic southwest fare… bowls, burritos, fajitas, tacos, quesadillas, and much more. (This will be the second location for Jalapeño, with their first located in Harrisonburg on Port Republic Road.) So, after expending your energy on the rink, recharge with a fabulous meal from a local favorite dining spot!