Local Real Estate Market >> In a Nutshell
This month was a “sweet spot” in our local real estate market. I mean, look at all that green up there! There are literally no negatives to report for the June Harrisonburg Real Estate Market. Our team in particular has experienced a great month with several new listings hitting the market, buyers happily finding what they’re searching for, and transactions closing smoothly. The Harrisonburg and Rockingham County market is trending positively this year, and we expect to see more growth as the year progresses!
We’re thrilled about these highlights for our local 2016 real estate market so far:
(But, are they really considered “highlights” if every stat is positive??)
- 9% more new listings + 9% more sales over the past 12 months = steady inventory levels
- 787 contracts have been written this year so far (that is up 34% from 2015!)
- Homes are sitting on the market for less time and selling for about the same dime as last year
- Buyers are acting quickly — 434 homes have sold over the past year, having sat on the market for 30 days or less before going under contract
- 119 homes have sold over final asking price during the past year
Okay… so what?
- If you’re a homeowner, relax in knowing the value of your home is likely holding steady (or even growing slightly). Here’s the easiest way to prove your home has increased in value.
- If you’re thinking of selling, the stats don’t lie. Now is a fabulous time. Give us a shout and we can set you up with a customized marketing plan.
- If you’re considering buying a home, let us know. We often hear about new listings coming on the market before their actual list date!
Stay tuned for more Market Trends… right here on Harrisonblog.